· Have a current Meigs County District Public Library card
· Register to use a workstation
· Have a signed “Parental Permission Form” on file, if under 18 years of
Non-cardholders must contact the librarian on duty for access to a workstation.
All Library computers, shutdown automatically fifteen (15) minutes before closing time.
Blank floppy disks and CDs may be purchased from the Circulation desk at a cost of $1.00 each.
The Library charges ten cents ($.10) per printed page.
The following uses of the Internet at the library are prohibited:
· Illegal purposes
· The displaying of graphics or text, which may be reasonably construed
Users of the public workstations are responsible for their own choices.
Parents and guardians are responsible for the use of these resources by their own minor children.
Users of the public workstations shall not:
· Misrepresent themselves as another person
· Attempt to modify or gain access to files, passwords, or data belonging
· Seek unauthorized access to any computer system
· Damage or alter software, components of any network, or database
· Upload information to a library computer's hard drive; or modify any
library screens or programs.
The sending of any information, including name, address, and credit card numbers, via the Internet is at the sole risk of the user.
Confidentiality of files left on Computers, CDs or Floppy Disks, cannot be guaranteed by the Library.
Use of the Internet is on a first-come/first serve basis. Patrons may use the Internet computer for up to one half hour (30 minutes) in a session. Time maybe extended if no other patrons are waiting. During times of busy Internet activity, the Library staff reserves the right to limit the number of times a patron may sign up for Internet use.
The Library reserves the right to end an Internet session at any time.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17 U.S. Code) governs the printing or copying of copyrighted material. The user of the public workstation is liable for any infringement.
Information downloaded from the Internet may contain viruses. The library is not responsible for damage to a patron's diskette or computer, or for any loss of data, damage, or liability that may occur from use of the library's computers.
Misuse of the library's computers and/or the Internet will result in loss of library